1. Chaofang Zhong, Maozhen Han, Pengshuo Yang, Chaoyun Chen, Hui Yu, Lusheng Wang*, Kang Ning*. Comprehensive Analysis Reveals the Evolution and Pathogenicity of Aeromonas: viewed from both single isolated species and microbial community. mSystems, 2019, accepted. (SCI impact factor 6.519)
2. Yan Wang1, Qiang Shi1, Pengshuo Yang1, Chengxin Zhang1, Golam Mortuza, Zhidong Xue*, Kang Ning*, Yang Zhang*. Fueling ab initio folding with marine microbiome enables structure and function predictions of new protein families. Genome Biology, 2019, accepted. (SCI impact factor 14.028)
3. Chaoyun Chen, Zhangyu Cheng, Ruiqiao He, Maozhen Han, Yuguo Zha, Pengshuo Yang, Qi Yao, Hao Zhou, Chaofang Zhong, Kang Ning*. The seasonal dynamics and the influence of human activities on campus outdoor microbial communities. Frontiers in Microbiology 2019, accepted. (SCI impact factor 4.259)
4. Wang Xi, Yan Gao, Zhangyu Cheng, Chaoyun Chen, Maozhen Han, Pengshuo Yang, Kang Ning*. Using QC-Blind for quality control and contamination screening of bacteria DNA sequencing data without reference genome. Frontiers in Microbiology 2019, accepted. (SCI impact factor 4.259)
5. Kang Ning*, Yigang Tong*. The Fast Track for Microbiome Research. Genomics, Proteomics & Bioinformatics 2019, accepted. (SCI impact factor 6.615)
6. Hong Bai, Xianhong Li, Hongjun Li, Jialiang Yang, Kang Ning*. Biological ingredient complement chemical ingredient in the assessment of the quality of TCM preparations. Scientific Reports 2019, accepted. (SCI impact factor 5.228)
7. Runzhi Zhang, Xue Zhu, Hong Bai*, Kang Ning*. Network Pharmacology Databases for Traditional Chinese Medicine: Review and Assessment. Frontiers in Pharmacology 2019, accepted. (SCI impact factor 3.831)
8. Chaoyun Chen, Andreas Harst, Wuxin You, Jian Xu, Kang Ning*, Ansgar Poetsch*. Proteomic study uncovers molecular principles of single-cell level phenotypic heterogeneity in lipid storage of Nannochloropsis oceanica. Biotechnology for Biofuels 2018, accepted. (SCI impact factor 5.497)
9. Maozhen Han, Melissa Dsouza, Chunyu Zhou, Hongjun Li, Junqian Zhang, Chaoyun Chen, Qi Yao, Chaofang Zhong, Hao Zhou,Jack A Gilbert*，Zhi Wang* ，Kang Ning*. Agricultural Pollution Risks Influence Microbial Ecology in Honghu Lake. Genomics, Proteomics & Bioinformatics 2018, accepted. (SCI impact factor 6.615)
10. Mingyue Cheng, Kang Ning*. Stereotype About Enterotype: the Old and New Ideas. Genomics, Proteomics & Bioinformatics, 2018. (SCI impact factor 6.615)
11. Hong Liu1, Maozhen Han1, Shuai Cheng Li1, Guangming Tan, Shiwei Sun, Zhiqiang Hu, Pengshuo Yang, Rui Wang, Yawen Liu, Feng Chen, Jianjun Peng, Hong Peng, Hongxing Song, Yang Xia, Liqun Chu, Quan Zhou, Feng Guan, Jing Wu*, Dongbo Bu*, Kang Ning*. Resilience of Human Gut Microbial Communities for the Long Stay with Multiple Dietary Shifts. Gut, 2018. (SCI impact factor 17.016)
12. Chongyang Tan, Wei Cui, Xinping Cui, Kang Ning*. Strain-GeMS: Optimized subspecies identification from microbiome data based on accurate variant modeling. Bioinformatics, bty844, 2018.(SCI impact factor 5.481)
13. Chaofang Zhong, Maozhen Han, Shaojun Yu, Pengshuo Yang, Hongjun Li,，Kang Ning*.Pan-genome analyses of 24 Shewanella strains re-emphasize the diversification of their functions yet evolutionary dynamics of metal-reducing pathway. Biotechnology for Biofuels 2018, accepted. (SCI impact factor 5.497)
14. Shuyan Tang1, Wang Xi1, Zhangyu Cheng1, Lei Yin, Ruihao Li, Guozhao Wu, Wangjie Liu, Junjie Xu, Shuaiying Xiang, Yanxiao Zheng, Qian Ge, Kang Ning*, Yunjun Yan* and Yi Zhan*. A Living Eukaryotic Autocementation Kit from Surface Display of Silica Binding Peptides on Yarrowia lipolytica. ACS synthetic biology 2016, 10.1021/acssynbio.6b00085 (SCI impact factor 6.076)
15. Jing Li1, Danxiang Han1, Dongmei Wang1, Kang Ning1, Jia Jing, Wei Li, Jing Xiaoyan, Huang Shi, Chen Jie, Li Yantao, Qiang Hu, Jian Xu. Choreography of transcriptomes and lipidomes of Nannochloropsis reveals the mechanisms of oleaginousness in microalgae, Plant Cell 2014, 26 (4), 1645-1665.
16. Dongmei Wang1, Kang Ning1, Jing Li1, Jianqiang Hu, Danxiang Han, Hui Wang, Xiaowei Zeng, Xiaoyan Jing, Qian Zhou, Xiaoquan Su, Xingzhi Chang, Anhui Wang, Wei Wang, Jing Jia, Li Wei, Yi Xin, Yinghe Qiao, Ranran Huang, Jie Chen, Bo Han, Russell T. Hill, Yonathan Zohar, Feng Chen, Qiang Hu, and Jian Xu. Nannochloropsis Genomes Reveal Evolution of Microalgal Oleaginous Traits. PLoS Genetics 2014, 10(1):e1004094.
17. Xiaoquan Su; Jian Xu; Kang Ning*. Meta-Storms: Efficient Search for Similar Microbial Communities Based on a Novel Indexing Scheme and Similarity Score for Metagenomic Data. Bioinformatics 2012. 28(19):2493-501.
18. Kang Ning, Damian Fermin, and Alexey I. Nesvizhskii. Comparative analysis of different label-free mass spectrometry based protein abundance estimates and their correlation with RNA-Seq gene expression data. Journal of Proteome Research 2012. 11(4):2261-71.
(1: co-first author, *: corresponding author )