Academic Areas: metagenomics, cancer omics, bioinformatics
Research Interests: metagenomics, intra-tumor microbes, bacteriophage, cancer, multi-omics integration, data mining, medical record mining, machine learning, evolutionary biology, bioinformatics tools/database development
PhD in Genetics, 2006, Beijing Institute of Genomics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Master of Science in Genetics, 2003, Institute of Genetics and Cytology, School of Life Sciences, Northeast Normal University, Changchun China
Bachelor of Biology, 2000, College of Life Sciences, Henan Normal University, Xinxiang China
Professor (2016-present); Department of Bioinformatics and Systems Biology, College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Postdoc fellow (2014~2016); Geneva University Medical School, Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, Geneva, Switzerland
Postdoc fellow (2008~2013); Structural and Computational Biology Unit, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), Heidelberg Germany
Postdoc fellow (2007~2008); Department of Computer Science, Heirich-Heine University at Duesseldorf, Duesseldorf Germany
Research assistant (2006~2017); Beijing Institute of Genomics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing China
2. Wei-Hua Chen#, G. Lu, X. Chen, X. M. Zhao and P. Bork (2017). "OGEE v2: an update of the online gene essentiality database with special focus on differentially essential genes in human cancer cell lines." Nucleic Acids Res 45(D1): D940-D944. (2016 IF: 10.162)
3. He, Z., H. Zhang, S. Gao, M. J. Lercher, Wei-Hua Chen# and S. Hu# (2016). "Evolview v2: an online visualization and management tool for customized and annotated phylogenetic trees." Nucleic Acids Res 44(W1): W236-241. (2016 IF: 10.162)
5. Chen, W.H., van Noort, V., Lluch-Senar, M., Hennrich, M.L., JA, H.W., Yus, E., Alibes, A., Roma, G., Mende, D.R., Pesavento, C. et al. (2016) Integration of multi-omics data of a genome-reduced bacterium: Prevalence of post-transcriptional regulation and its correlation with protein abundances. Nucleic Acids Res, 44, 1192-1202. (2016 IF: 10.162)
6. Lluch-Senar, M.*, Delgado, J.*, Chen, W.H.*, Llorens-Rico, V., O'Reilly, F.J., Wodke, J.A., Unal, E.B., Yus, E., Martinez, S., Nichols, R.J. et al. (2015) Defining a minimal cell: essentiality of small ORFs and ncRNAs in a genome-reduced bacterium. Molecular systems biology, 11, 780
8. Schonknecht, G.*, Chen, W.H.*, Ternes, C.M., Barbier, G.G., Shrestha, R.P., Stanke, M., Brautigam, A., Baker, B.J., Banfield, J.F., Garavito, R.M. et al. (2013) Gene transfer from bacteria and archaea facilitated evolution of an extremophilic eukaryote. Science, 339, 1207-1210.
10. Chen, W.-H., Trachana, K., Lercher, M.J. and Bork, P. (2012) Younger Genes Are Less Likely to Be Essential than Older Genes, and Duplicates Are Less Likely to Be Essential than Singletons of the Same Age. Molecular Biology and Evolution, 29, 1703-1706.
For a more up-to-date and complete list of our publications, please consult: http://chenlab.medgenius.info/index.php/publications.
TBA (to be arranged)
TBA (to be applied)