Academic Areas: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Interests: Nanocarriers for delivery of anticancer drugs
PhD in Polymer Science and Engineering, 1998, Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan, China
MSc in Physics, 1989, Huazhong Normal University, Wuhan, China
Professor, College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Research Associate, Queens University
Research Associate, Royal Military College of Canada
Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Montreal
Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Quebec
Associate Professor, School of Medical Science, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Lecturer, School of Medical Science, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
1. Y. Zhu, J. Wang, J. Wu, J. Zhang, Y. Wan, H. Wu, Injectable hydrogels embedded with alginate microspheres for controlled delivery of bone morphogenetic protein-2. Biomedical Materials 2016; 11:025010
2. T. Zhou, J. Wu, J. Liu, Y. Luo, Y. Wan, Fabrication and characterization of layered chitosan/silk fibroin/nano-hydroxyapatite scaffolds with designed composition and mechanical properties. Biomedical Materials 2015; 10: 045013
3. Y. Zhu, Y. Wan, J. Zhang, D. Yin, W. Cheng., Manufacture of layered collagen/chitosan- polycaprolactone scaffolds with biomimetic microarchitecture. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 2014; 113:352-360.
4. N. Zhou, X. Zan, Z. Wang, H. Wu, D, Yin, C. Liao, Y. Wan, Galactosylated chitosan– polycaprolactone nanoparticles for hepatocyte-targeted delivery of curcumin. Carbohydrate Polymers 2013; 94:420-9.
5. Y. Zhao, R. Yang, D. Liu, M. Sun, L. Zhou, Z. Wang, Y. Wan, Starburst low-molecular weight polyethylenimine for efficient gene delivery. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, Part A 2012; 100A:134-140.
6. H. Wu, J. Zhang, B. Xiao, X. Zan, J. Gao, Y. Wan, N-(2-hydroxypropyl)-3-trimethylammonium chitosan-poly(ε-caprolactone) copolymers and their antibacterial activity. Carbohydrate Polymers 2011; 83:824-830.
7. H. Wu, Y. Wan, S. Dalai, R. Zhang, Response of rat osteoblasts to polycaprolactone/chitosan blend porous scaffolds. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, Part A 2010; 92A:238-245.
8. Y. Wan, X. Cao, S. Zhang, S. Wang, Q. Wu, Fibrous poly(chitosan-g-DL-lactic acid) scaffolds prepared via electro-wet spinning. Acta Biomaterialia 2008; 4: 876-86.
9. Y. Wan, Y. Fang, Z. Hu, Q. Wu, Electrically conductive poly(DL-lactide)/chitosan/polypyrrole complexes. Macromolecular Rapid Communications 2006; 27:948-54.
10. Y. Wan, H. Wu, A. Yu, D. Wen, Biodegradable polylactide/chitosan blend membranes. Biomacromolecules 2006; 7:1362-72.
11. Y. Wan, D. Wen, Preparation and characterization of porous conducting poly(DL-lactide) composite membranes. Journal of Membrane Science 2004; 246:193-201.
12. Y. Wan, K.A.M. Creber, B. Peppley, V.T. Bui, Ionic conductivity of chitosan membranes. Polymer 2003; 44:1057-1065.
0707311, Basic Chemistry for Medicine
0714192, Introduction of Nano-biomaterials
170.616, Tissue Engineering and Artificial Organs
National Engineering Research Center for Nanomedicine, Wuhan, China
Stratiform scaffolds with bioactivity for articular cartilage repair and related mechanism for interfacial integration (NSFC, 81572144, 2016-2019).
Conduits combined with neurochemotropic factor loaded fibers and gene-transfected cells for the repair of long-gap peripheral nerve defects (NSFC, 81371705, 2014-2017)
Biomimetic scaffolds in combination with mesenchymal stem cells and cytokines for repairing defect of articular cartilage (NSFC, 81071470, 2011-2013)